BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 21, 2011

Leah Clifford's Epic ‘Too Big For A Tweet’ Contest!

Heeeyy, you. Not not you. You with the taco! Yes we can all see you. You're not that stealthy. You should buy A Mortal Touch by Leah Clifford when it comes out February 22. Mmm hmm. Yes, you should. It's amazing. Lookie!


Even the cover is amazing. =D

Anywho, on to business. As some of you may or may not be aware, Leah Clifford is hosting a massively amazing contest. It's so big and epic that it wouldn't fit on a tweet. Hence the title of "Leah's Epic ‘Too Big For A Tweet’ Contest!". For deets on the contest, check out the post on her blog.

For an extra entry into the contest, we have to blog about the craziest thing we’ve ever done in 300 words or less. This is were this post comes in.

I had to choose between the "Batman" story and the "Rape" story (please note that no raping of anything actually occurred). I'll tell the "Rape" story, but if anyone wants to hear the "Batman" one, let me know and I will.

One afternoon last year, my friends and I were hanging out in the giant lobby of the college. We were sitting at one of the high round tables just talking and goofing off. Behind us happened to be the Security Guard HQ.

I was bored so I stole the license of the friend who was sitting next to me; a ginger named Rachel. No one noticed. They never do.

I’m a bit of a klepto so they should know not to leave their things unattended with me around (cell phones, licenses, and cash are not safe). I got tired of waiting so I ratted myself out.

Rachel demanded her license back but was too lazy to get up. In comes my other friend, Cori, a fearless blond and my best friend. Cori being herself decides to come take it by force. I jumped off my chair and hid behind Rachel’s whilst putting the license in my butt pocket.

“You know that’s not going to stop me,” Cori had smirked evilly before grabbing me and reaching for my pocket. Before my brain caught up with my mouth, I yelped, “RAPE!” Loudly.

We all froze. We didn’t know what to do or say but no one panicked more than my friend, Ethan. His expression screamed “OMG I’m going to die”. He looked like he was about to bolt. As the only male there, he would be the one to get busted if a guard came over.

We peeked at the Security Guard HQ to see if they had heard, but they hadn’t and Ethan sighed with relief.

And then the laughter hit. It was the knee slapping, doubled over laughter that lasts five minutes when we would have to stop to catch our breath then look at each other and laugh again.


This is one of my fondest as well as funniest memories. Why? Well, not long after this, maybe a few months later, my friend Ethan died in a car accident. He died in August. We haven't been the same since...

1 comments:

Cass said...

You review some great books! Love the blog :)